Spring 2021 Live Intensive: April 28 – May 27, 2021
To prime yourself for trading success, you will first have to let go of many price-based indicators and, more importantly, your desire for an immediate profitable outcome. If you have had difficulty being consistently profitable, you may have to give up what you already believe in order to move forward. Productive trading begins with a solid foundational base of both market understanding and emotional understanding. The bedrock of our teachings at Jim Dalton Trading is to help traders learn to create a solid foundational base for their trading and, eventually, learn to effortlessly spot opportune trade opportunities. To help traders on their path to trading success, we are offering our educational course “Spring 2021 Live Intensive“.
Sign up early to get the best pricing and receive daily reports and live commentary beginning April 19. During the intensive Jim will post comments to keep you in touch with the market during the day and provide an evening preparation and recap report as well as a morning update via live commentary. These reports are a valuable resource to get prepped for the trading day. They also serve as examples of the types of information you should be including in your own homework. Get prepped and started early in recognizing nuances & contextual clues to maximize your education!
*Note: This is not a beginner’s course. Prior Market Profile knowledge and/or training is a pre-requisite for this course. Basic questions will not be addressed except in Small Group Q&A sessions. If you are new to market profile or are looking to get a solid foundation, we recommend doing our Foundation & Application of the Market Profile eCourse before taking the Live Intensive.
Click here for Tentative Schedule – All webinars will be recorded and will be available for review in the dashboard.
This LIVE course is led by Jim Dalton to provide you with an accelerated path to mastery, including:
- Daily Webinars – Click Here for Tentative Schedule
- Access to Recorded Webinars – Live webinars are recorded in case you miss one or want to review again.
- Two Daily Reports – There is a morning report update and an evening recap and preparation report.
- Live Commentary – When we aren’t in a live webinar, we will keep you in touch with the market with live updates.
- Q & A Sessions
- Multiple Review and Replay Days Every Week
- Market Logic and Trade Identification of Fast & Slow Trades
- Trade Dissection Lab – Each week we will pick & analyze specific trades of our own or from clients.
- Homework Workshop
- Additional Exclusive Webinar Sessions
Review & Replay Sessions
- Review the day and witness how the Market Profile developed.
- Identify trades that pertain to your trading timeframe.
- Identify important nuances
- Identify fast and slow trades
- Learn how to identify circumstances and context surrounding a particular trading day.
- Accelerate your learning curve on the road to mastery.
The goal of our educational offerings is to help you become a better trader by teaching you how to:
- Understand the importance of beginning with a top down approach to improve short term trading results
- Read and interpret the daily two-way continuous auction via the Market Profile
- Hone your intuition — a must for proficient and expert level traders
- Understanding and using cognitive dissonance to your advantage
- Use repetition to your advantage and the importance of repetition in acquiring any skill. Like hitting a tennis ball, each stroke is slightly different as is each ball that comes to you.
- Understanding the difference between fast and slow trades
- Recognize anomalies and understand their significance
- Understand the importance of tempo for advanced traders
- Recognizing the signs of markets that are getting too long or too short
- Understand odds and, more importantly, how to think in terms of odds
- Understanding the importance of what does not occur
- Monitor trades for continuation
- Let the trade come to you instead of actively seeking it out
Markets are endlessly complex. The ability to review, understand, and act on a tidal wave of information isn't a skill that can be gained quickly. And the only place practice really counts is in the flow of real market activi...
I took my first intensive in November. I learned so much but had to go through my notes a few times to categorize them. My notes were as scatter brained as I was. I feel the linear teaching method in the Foundation course is what I needed. It allowed me to focus on specific types of days and what might happen. There was also more time given to key concepts that fly by way too fast in the intensives. I’ll give more feedback when I’m done, but I’m far enough along to know I love it and am very happy I made the time and financial investment in the Foundation course.
I’m sure everyone has a proper sequence to learning these. Some might want to start out first with the Foundation course and some may want to try the mini intensive first. I feel like I had the right sequence – First, the 7 kickstart videos. Second, a full intensive. Third, the Foundation. I don’t think I would have gotten as much out of the foundation had I not had some experience under my belt prior to taking it. I feel everyone will need both – full immersion (Intensive) and Linear (Foundation Course).
This was my fourth (double) intensive and I hope to sign up for a fifth! When I started with Jim Dalton I had very little experience with trading futures and almost no knowledge of the Profile aside from knowing that it existed. It took me some time to become familiar with the profile and even longer to stop looking at my old technical indicators. A lot of that had to do with my comfort zone using just the profile to assess the market.
This last intensive has been the best for me. I see definite improvement in my trading and I am just now beginning to see when to be in the market and when not to trade. I now feel comfortable using just the profile combined with the longer term bar charts as taught by Jim Dalton to assess the market.
At least once a day I would discover a previously not understood nuance as Jim narrated the market. His "Review and Replay" segment has been superb as he points out all sorts of relevant references and their significance to trading. It has been so helpful to listen to Jim's review of the market after trying to trade it. This allowed me to see where I had been correct in my assessment and where I had allowed my bias or current trade to cloud my assessment.
I continue to review prior webinars and find little nuggets of information I had missed even though I had attended the webinars. All in all this is a great course if you are willing to put in the time to learn.
Until I found Jim Dalton, all of the educational materials I could find were heavily mathematical. Jim would call them price-based. Practitioners would call them technical analysis.
While I wasn’t exactly dissatisfied (I’m not a person who hates technical analysis), I did have the sense that something was missing from what I was learning. It seemed to me that the people writing the books I was reading were relating to the market as if it was a purely numerical construct, and that all that was needed to trade effectively was the perfect indicator, the perfect equation. What drew me instantly to Jim was that he viewed the market as a human construct, which can be understood in human terms. He was the first person I ever heard say, “just feel the emotion in the market.” Rather than obsessing over indicators, Jim uses price, time, and volume to understand who is in the market. By understanding who is in the market, he can understand what his competitors are doing and what he wants to do. I cannot overstate how transformative finding Jim has been for me. I could write many pages about all the nuances I have absorbed. Instead I’ll share what I think is the most important thing Jim has done for me. The bar charts, the market profiles, the references, and the tape are no longer just prices for me. I am beginning to feel the market for myself, and to intuit the other timeframes’ presence and intentions. Before this started to happen for me, I’d stare at the indicators and references very hard, and try to “think” of the correct trade. My focus was very narrow. But now, with what Jim has shown me, I am learning how to open myself to the market, quiet my “thinking” mind, and allow the trade to come to me. Jim Dalton and his team are invaluable.
While surveying the educator industry out there, just about everything I've ever encountered on Market Profile attempts to mechanically make the distribution curve another part of some unthinking rules-based system, which is not how auction markets with irrational human actors work. How Jim employs the Market Profile as simply a tool, another way of organizing the market's mind and data, is radically different. This is why it was so important for you to get this done.
1. Teaching the student to achieve market independence.
2. Sophisticated path to trading flux.
3. Structural tape reading.
4. Dynamic value/volume series arbitrage.
6. Adaptation and evolution with the markets, the participants and any conditions that arise during the course.
Again, I want to thank you for putting on the most recent Intensive. While I have been reflecting on my deepened insights and reinforced observations on a couple nuances that occurred recently, I can’t help think how fortunate I am to be able to apply this knowledge real time in the market. I know many traders out there just totally get mesmerized by price and price action without the hint or idea of Value. Today is another example of being aware of and viewing the price action through the lens of Value, whereby a knowledgeable trader could have been in the position to be on the right side of the market for a decent move.
Even though I have been a client for a number of years, I plan on attending the upcoming Market Profile Primer course for two reasons: I reinforce my learning by listening to the question and answer portions and I literally can’t hear your real time observations on Live Markets enough.